Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 begins with tears

Bennett and I had our first day at University at Buffalo Child Care Center today. I was working and Bennett was supposed to be having a great time. Instead, he cried. A LOT. I think I heard him howling for the first 45 minutes he was in his classroom. I am just around the corner, so I could hear him loud and clear when his door was open. Poor baby - missed his playmate.

The report from his teachers at the end of the day was that despite the fact that he was particularly clingy in the morning (i.e., crying the second anyone put him down) he calmed down a bit after his quick nap and was able to enjoy the toys and other kids in his class. YAY! Also, he refused breakfast (cheerios and pears), snack (ritz crackers and water) AND lunch (grilled cheese, tomato soup, orange pieces and steamed carrots), but chowed down on afternoon snack (three pancakes, an entire can of pears and a full glass of milk). I guess he was hungry?

He was very happy to see me at the end of the day, even though he burst into tears at the sight of me. I'm told this is a normal response? We had a nice drive downtown so that I could get fingerprinted (again) and he fell right to sleep on the way home. We met Brian at the front door and played with his new Christmas toys for a little while before bathtime. Then, a nice warm bottle and baby was out like a light before 8pm. It's 10:30 now and we haven't heard a peep! I think he's a little tired.

We report back at around 8am tomorrow - I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment