Saturday, May 14, 2011

mish-mash (the boy likes to splash!)

So sorry I've been so remiss in updates! There are lots of things going on, but every time I sit down to write I think, "No one wants to hear about that! It's mundane and tiny. So insignificant." And then I realize that you're not here every day, you don't get to see the mountainous changes that occur overnight!

The coolest thing to develop so far is that Bennett is now walking up the stairs without adult assistance! He's slow, for sure, but that is just fine with me. I wish I had a picture or some video of it, but you have all seen how he gets when there's a camera around. We'll just make sure to show you next time we visit. He's getting close to being able to go down without assistance as well. I'd like to put that off a little bit, though!

Last weekend, we had a wonderful visit with the Allman family at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Bennett was in hog heaven with all those swimming pools and drains! He must have visited every single floor drain in the park. That means that Oma and Grandpa became quite familiar with them as well :)
Water?

Brian and I enjoyed a couple of baby-free hours to ride the water slides and talk with Cindy and Trevor. I love that we're able to catch up like this! I also am ashamed to admit that even though I rode every single water slide - there was one which terrified me and I refused to ride again. Sorry to be a party pooper you guys! I can't wait until Bennett is tall enough and old enough to ride the slides. I think he's really going to like it. We were also very happy to discover that he still loves the water and was quite comfortable in the wave pool. Yay for our brave boy!!

Ball? Ball? Ball!
Bennett and I are headed to NC next week to spend some time with my parents. My dad is recovering from neck surgery and I'm quite certain that he'll be bored out of his skull after two weeks of bed-rest. I hope that Bennett can bring a tiny ray of sunshine in the form of slow nature discovery walks and exploration of the yard. I'm hoping to give my mom a little break from being the caretaker. And of course, I'm really looking forward to the fresh mountain air!

In other news - I am still waiting on a baited hook to hear about the residence hall job at UB. At this point, I'm ready to assume that the job is going to someone else, but I also know that they're just now in the process of closing the dorms for the summer so the entire department is super busy. Hopefully I'll hear something before I leave on my southern journey.
Lookin' for puddles to poke

Pics and videos to come soon - there were several cute ones at the water park!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you'll be there to help Mom with taking care of Dad. Wish I could be in NC at the same time. Guess I'll just have to wait to see y'all in July.

    ReplyDelete