Sunday, June 3, 2012

Funnier Things He Says

Lots of gems today!

We had two visitors today/tonight. First, Dr. Alex Meredith, Brian's post-doc supervisor at Virginia Commonwealth University stopped in while on his way to University of Western Ontario in London, ON. He's headed up to do some work with a collaborator. I haven't seen him since we left Richmond so long ago - great to catch up.

We've been calling him "Dr. Alex" in front of Bennett. At one point, Brian and Dr. Alex were out on a walk around the block and Bennett and I had come inside. Bennett asked me where Dr. Alice was and I tried to enunciate very clearly the /x/ at the end of Dr. Alex. And Bennett says, "No, I just call him Dr. Alice's Restaurant". Deadpan.

Later, my mom showed up for her next two week visit (yay!) and Bennett went running up to her as she got out of the car - "You bring Daddyo wiff you dis time? Yes?" and then, "ahhhhh" when she said that he'd had to stay behind. It was almost as if he was disappointed to see her! Certainly not. But he has asked after Daddyo multiple times tonight.

And funniest of all - earlier in the day, Bennett and I went out to stomp in some puddles left after a flash storm. As we were coming back in the house to dry off, he grabbed his chest and moaned, "I burp." I replied, "Oh no - what do you say after you burp, love?" His reply, "I burp. I okay. I rub my belly." It's so much funnier when I say it! But the laughs were long and joyful after he reported the status of his belly.

Loving the way his language is just exploding lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment