Thursday, August 25, 2011

Two firsts

Today was a big day for Bennett! I suppose I should say that tonight was a big night for Bennett.

We had sausages and coleslaw for dinner. Bennett loves coleslaw. So much so that he was snacking on it while the sausages were cooking. Once everything was cooked - he devoured his sausage, bun and coleslaw. Then, when Brian was fixing his second helping, Bennett really wanted to take a bite. Brian obliged, despite the fact that there were hot peppers on this one.

Bennett would have nothing to do with the sausage - he wanted a hot pepper! We're not afraid to let him try new foods, and this was no different. We let him pluck a pepper off the top and he put the whole darn thing in his mouth! Needless to say, it quickly popped out after two chews. His face registered extreme surprise and he quickly said, "milk? milk? MILK!" We had a hard time hiding the laughing - at least mom and Brian had a hard time. I was all business (yeah, right) trying to soothe my sweet baby's pain.

After finishing up dinner and enjoying a little relaxation, it was time for a bath. Brian took care of Bennett and bath time while I got things ready for bed and tried to pick up a little bit. I heard lots of laughter and giggles, which is nothing new. When I went upstairs and peeked in the bathroom to see what was going on - Bennett was standing in the shower! WHAT!?!? Turns out he had turned the knob himself and was surprised by the onslaught of water from above. He loved it and wanted more more more.

1 comment:

  1. I love all these updates. Makes me feel like I'm there more than I am.

    ReplyDelete