Monday, August 22, 2011

Update

Still having success with the potty training! I'm so proud of him, and also proud of myself for having been consistent enough to make this happen. Bennett is still going strong with his efforts.

As a matter of fact - let me tell you about what happened this afternoon! We meet with a group of kids who are younger than Bennett every Monday afternoon. Most of them are between 9 months and 1 year old. Today, when we were all gathered, I took a minute to brag about Bennett's toileting accomplishments. All the moms were super impressed with him and gave him big claps. After a second of admiration, he was ready to play again.

Twenty minutes or so later, we all heard a little voice pipe up and say, "Potty? Potty!" I ran with him to our car, where we have a travel potty set up in the back. He did his business and then went back to playing - after accepting adoration from all the mommies! He was totally dry!!!

I can't say enough about how awesome it makes me feel to know that Bennett is developing his independence and learning to listen to his body.

Of course, he also took off solo today at the playground and climbed a ladder with neither me nor my mom's assistance. We didn't even know what he was doing until he was at the top. Good lordy!

1 comment:

  1. Next thing you know he's going to be baking you a cake for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete