Thursday, November 10, 2011

he's lucky I love him

Tonight, Bennett and I are in a hotel room in Morgantown, WV. We're almost halfway to my parents' house in NC. We stopped only because I'm driving by myself (Brian is in DC for a conference) and I couldn't continue. I just couldn't keep either of us trapped in the car any longer. Also, my mom is a little under the weather, so we're giving her a few extra hours to rest before having this huge ball of puppy energy foisted upon her.

Anyway - this kid is lucky to be alive and un-bruised. He has been trying my patience. Maybe he's just been himself and my patience is generally worn thin from poor eating, long distance driving and lack of adult conversation. Regardless - it took him forever to calm down to go to sleep because he just wanted to wiggle on the "big bed". And by golly he was distracted by every little sound. The acoustics are terrible in these cheaper hotels. But we're in a Best Western - so I can only imagine what we'd be hearing in a Motel 6. We simply got spoiled by the Staybridge Suites when we went to Susan's wedding. You couldn't hear ANYTHING in that place. Loved it.

I'm hoping that he'll at least sleep until 7am. He hasn't moved in the hour that he's been asleep so far. I'm going to turn in shortly. Brought a book with me and I'd like to read at least two pages . . . more than I've read in a week.

There's lots more to report, but it will have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment