Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dinner Conversation

Tonight, I made yummy tilapia and salad for dinner. Bennett had previously told me that he didn't like fish: "I no like that, mama. It yucky." Okay, then. He had mac and cheese, strawberries and some plain hummus. When he was little, he used to eat hummus by the spoon full. I hadn't offered it in a while, so I thought I'd try again to see if he still liked it.

After he finished one serving of hummus and asked for a second, which he promptly polished off, I said to him, "I'm so glad you still like it, Bennett. It's an excellent source of protein!" He cocked his head at me (note that his face was smeared with the hummus, so it's very hard to take him seriously), grinned and said, "Silly mama, that no protein! Protein for shake!"

No comments:

Post a Comment