Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Nature Walk

This story was relayed to me at dinner tonight. It happened at school, but the teachers didn't mention it when I picked Bennett up. Brian knew about it because he was there. The first part of the school day is called, "Message Board." The teacher, Ms. Heather, talks with the children about what's going to happen that day. They discuss the teachers and other adults who will be present, as well as who brought snack and if there are any special activities or stations for the day. This conversation happened:

Ms. Heather: Children, we are going to go on a Nature Walk today!
Bennett: I bring a net! (said with enthusiasm, as is most of what he says)
Ms. Heather and other teachers: Oh? You want to bring a net on our Nature Walk, Bennett?
Bennett: To catch BUTTERFLIES!
Teachers: Ohhhh . . . what a good idea.
Bennett: I don't like them. (deadpan)
Teachers: ***crickets*** (and apparently they quickly changed the subject)

I do not know if Bennett was allowed to take a net on the nature walk or not. My guess is no.

No comments:

Post a Comment