Friday, October 12, 2012

Red Pajamas!!

Last night, Bennett was very sad because I had given his old, small red footed pjs away. I told him that I would find some more today. Seeing as it is his birthday, I decided to take him shopping with me so that he could only blame himself if he didn't love them. This is what he selected:

Spiderman!!! 
He only knows about Spiderman in an idea way . . . he has heard other kids talking about Spiderman on the playground. So he's "played" Spiderman, but he doesn't really know what Spiderman does. I don't mind . . . he is wearing these pajamas which is more than we can say for any other set that he has! He's been sleeping in just a diaper lately, which is part of the reason we think he's waking a night. When he comes to our bed, his little feet are FREEZING!

When we went shopping for these, we went to a small specialty kids store first, Mexx Kids. He walked up to the saleslady and said, "We're looking for red footed pajamas." She walked him to the area where they had the boys pjs and showed him all his options. They each had some red in them, but he kept saying, "That won't work." WHAT?!?! When we left that store, he looked up at me and said, "Mom, that disappointed me."

We found exactly what he wanted when we looked at Sears. Yay! We're still taking bets on whether he'll stay in them for sleep time.

Happy Birthday, Beanie!

3 comments:

  1. LIttle Beanie is quite the connoisseur of pajamas, if I may say. Good man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird how pop culture finds its way into little boy brains. They are little idea collectors, they are :-) Love these posts, as always. aek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Alice B. It's something I KNEW would happen, but was hoping we could avoid it until he was in "real" school.

      Delete