Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Week in review

I realized the other day that I've not been very diligent about posting lately. My apologies. Funny and sweet things are happening all the time - I just forget to jot them down, and then I forget to write about them!

The biggest news is that we got a new dishwasher!! I am so excited about not having to hand wash every single dish. My dry hands are thanking us as well. It was delivered yesterday and the men who made the delivery and handled the install were very sweet and let Bennett help them! He was so very excited to see them show up. The second they walked in the door, he nearly screamed, "Hi guys! Lemme go get my TOOLS!" and then he scampered downstairs and returned moments later with his toolbox ready to go to work. Thank goodness one of the guys was a grandfather. He showed Bennett what needed to be done and even invited Bennett to use the official screwdriver!

Bennett was so proud of himself and how he helped!

Over the weekend, Oma and Grandpa brought over a temporary rink they had bought for Bennett to use in our backyard. Bennett helped set it up on our deck. We are anxiously awaiting the weather to remain cold enough to maintain a frozen surface!



On Saturday evening, Brian had a departmental holiday party to attend, so Bennett and I had a Mama Date. We went downtown to see the lighting display in Victoria Park and then had dinner at Campus Hi-Fi Diner. It was super chilly, so we were absolutely in the Holiday Spirit!

Running around the live tree on the bandstand

Creepy four year old looking Baby Jesus in the nativity

I believe this is as close to Santa's lap as we're getting this year!


Merry Christmas! We'll have to go back and redo this shot with Brian included.



1 comment:

  1. Love the story of Bennett helping with the dishwasher! Also, that baby Jesus is a whopper ;-)

    ReplyDelete