Thursday, March 7, 2013

Early morning giggles

This morning was ROUGH! Bennett woke up on the very wrong side of the bed (just happens to be the MIDDLE of our bed - his head on my ribs, his feet digging into Brian's back). Therefore we were all kind of grumpy after that wake up call.

Bennett and I made it downstairs to get coffee and some breakfast. About half an hour later, he comes running to find me in the bathroom. He says, a little breathlessly: "Mom! I have to tell you something that I did. It *looks* disastrous, but it isn't *actually* disastrous." I was unsure what I'd find, but lordy that made laugh! I think he could have taken me to a mound of flour piled onto wet coffee grounds spilled inside of the couch and I wouldn't have minded. However, it was just a small pile of yarn - about half a skein - that had been unravelled in our foyer.

He was right - it wasn't *actually* disastrous. And it brought a smile to Brian's face when I told him about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment