Thursday, March 7, 2013

Makin' Mama Proud

(I wrote this a couple of weeks ago - not sure why it didn't publish then!)

The last few times we've been to the grocery store, Bennett has asked about a certain vegetable. I have been hesitant to purchase it simply because it's not one of my favorites. However, in the interest of being a good example, I bit the bullet this afternoon. My mother and father will be particularly happy that their grandson encouraged me to branch out. Presenting tonight's dinner - my father's personal favorite (I think!): Eggplant Parmesan. I learned that if you cut it thin enough, it gets nice and crisp and you don't even notice the texture. Or, as we call it in my family, the "tasteture". The last pic is quite grainy because I had to zoom in a bit to sneak in on the little guy eating it. Yum!

Dad - I will definitely be adding this to our meal rotation and will be sure to make it for you when you visit next.







No comments:

Post a Comment