Friday, January 11, 2013

Dinner Bravery

My brother and mother will be happy to learn that I made Quinoa tonight as the side dish for dinner. I'm quite proud of the fact that it was delicious (I liked it even better than Ben's, but don't tell him!) and complimented the lemon-pepper baked tilapia to boot!

An even more awesome accomplishment? Hearing Bennett say, "I want some fish, mama!" and then eating it. I had to give up half of my serving because I hadn't figured he'd eat it and I didn't want to waste a filet by making one for him to leave cold on his plate. It was the easiest sacrifice of the day. Especially to hear him announce to Brian when he got home from work and sat down to eat, "Daddy! I tried fish tonight and I LIKED it!" Full of grins and truly proud of himself. (Brian ate his dinner in sixty seconds flat, so I feel safe in saying that this meal will be seen again.)

Bon Appetit! everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment