Saturday, November 23, 2013

Grow Your Own!

A few weeks ago, I saw several "pin" the same link on Pinterest. It told us that we could all grow our own celery stalks from used celery! 

No way. There is no WAY, but after I thought of it, I realized that I hadn't seen any celery seeds on the celery that we'd eaten. But maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

Anyway - two weeks ago, I decided to give it a whirl. I had bought celery because Bennett is loving it as a snack right now. I cut all the stalks off and wrapped them in tin foil (another instruction from Pinterest to help the celery last longer - and it works!) and then placed the "stump" for lack of a better word, into a small glass dish with about an inch of water. 

One week later - this was growing!

1 comment:

  1. After being inspired by this post we did this today! And we added food colouring to the water to see what happens...

    ReplyDelete