Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mr. Pitiful

Bennett has had a pretty rough cough for most of today. In fact, it was so bad this afternoon, that he had ZERO nap. Fun for me, right? Wrong.

Anyway, tonight, after his bath we gave him a little medicine to help him feel better. He took it without any protest and then we went on with the rest of the process. He picked out three books to read, then turned off his light before climbing into the rocker with me for some snuggles.

After chatting about his day and then a couple of more stories, he looked up at me (I guess that's what he did because it's pitch black in there and you can't see a damn thing.) and said, oh so pitifully, "I coughing mama. Medississ." (Translation: "I'm coughing, mama. Medicine?") I assured him that we had already given him some medississ and that it just needed a minute to start working. He nodded and immediately drifted off to sleep.

Now that's some trust, right there!

1 comment:

  1. I hope he feels better soon. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete