Monday, October 10, 2011

"my gool"

A couple of things worth noting about today . . .

Bennett rode to school with Daddy - after telling me, "Mama, go way. Daddy car." Alrighty then, Mr. Independent!

We made it into the building and his classroom without tears - yay! Bennett showed us where his cubby is so we could hang his coat and then he went to the bathroom. The waterworks began as Brian and I said our good-byes. It's getting easier for me to leave him when he is so tearful - but those cries really pull at my heartstrings!

When I went to pick him up this afternoon, he was very excited to see me and tell me all about what they had done at "gool". Most impressive was the petting zoo. Apparently the llama peed on the ground and Bennett found that act terribly fascinating. Ms. Vivian, Bennett's teacher, told me that Bennett made sure she knew that the llama was going pee. Too cute!

Along that vein, Bennett had no accidents at school! Even more awesome - he was in the very same pair of underpants at the end of the day that he was in the morning. Go Bennett!

p.s. When we ask him what his name is, he replies: "Bean." (You won't hear me complain!)

1 comment: