Sunday, October 30, 2011

Not really failures, but they feel that way

So, we're back to using diapers. Bennett has had several days of multiple accidents, all of them pee, but still accidents. And he doesn't seem to understand! UGH! It feels like I may have misjudged his readiness for this task. But really? He was having so much success!

Is it because we traveled? Is it because he's building his vocabulary? Is it because we put him in preschool? Or is it just because he's two?

I don't have any answers, but in an effort to save my sanity, we're back in diapers. And unfortunately, we're using paper diapers. The cloth were hurting him and I couldn't stand that. My hope is that we won't have to use the diapers for long, so our environmental impact will not be horrible, but there's still some impact.

Anyway - cross your fingers that my Big Boy Bennett returns and tells Baby Bennett to take a hike. (But when he's ready.)

1 comment:

  1. One of the people on my dissertation committee had a very interesting perspective about schools and early childhood learning. He felt that, in as many places as possible, signs reading "Fail early, fail often!" should be posted at various heights readable by children.

    Failure is learning. :)

    ReplyDelete