Friday, September 21, 2012

Creative Indoor Fun

We are working on increasing Bennett's independence while we're at home. We created a playroom for him and he barely spends time in there without one of us playing with him. ACK! I'm also anticipating the end of his taking formal naps - and not looking forward to that.

So - I've been looking online for inspiration. I found a couple of neat ideas and made one this week!

Exhibit A:
Red Star Throwy Thing
The Star is made of felt and has rice sewn in between the two pieces. There are eight long ribbons sewn in to create a tail. This is a great little toy for catching and throwing and target practice too! Bennett has already started playing with this one as it was my prototype. Tonight, I finished the other three. See all four below:

Orange, Green, Blue & Red Stars
I am really proud of myself for making these. Not just because they were sewn by me . . .but because the only "pattern" I had to go off was a photo of a sold product on etsy.com. I conceptualized the construction all on my own. Yay! The only mistake was asking Bennett to help me with the funnel which put the rice inside the star pocket. I'm still stepping on rogue rice kernels! Will hopefully get to post photos of him using them soon.

2 comments: