Friday, September 7, 2012

I Can Not Think Of A Clever Title

Today, Bennett and I had a GREAT day together! It's like we finally got our groove back, man.

Last night, Brian and I had a long talk about Bennett's bed time routine and the morning, etc. We decided that we'd change things up a bit by getting up earlier than usual. Hopefully, the result was to be an earlier bedtime for the little guy so that Brian and I could spend some time together in the evening before crashing.

Last night - Bennett went to sleep at 10:00pm, woke up at 3:45 for some milk and snuggles but went back to sleep in his own bed. I was in my bed by 4:04am. Nice! That's the shortest middle of the night wake up we've had since we moved. Then, our alarm went off at 6:30. I decided to hit snooze (just this once) because we hadn't heard anything out of Bennett and the first morning of an alarm-fed wake up is brutal, right?

Six minutes later, I got out of bed, Brian started waking up and I went down to make a cup of coffee and brush my teeth. I actually got to read a little before I heard Bennett's feet hit the floor around 7, which is when I was going to get him up if he didn't do it on his won. Brian had gone down to the basement to work out as planned, so Bennett and I got to read books, have some milk and breakfast and play together.

After the morning stuff was taken care of and we were all ready for our day - Brian went to work, Bennett and I headed out for a play date with our new group of friends. As before, we had a great time. I am really enjoying getting to know these ladies and I LOVE that Bennett plays so well with their children! Of course, he asked one of the mothers to read story after story to him. I guess he was tired of my voice?

We came home, had some lunch and he sacked out for his nap at 1. I woke him up a little after three and we went back out to run a couple of errands before coming home to play again. Then, miracle of miracles, he ate ALL of his dinner without fussing. He even laid his head down on the table a couple of times and told me he was tired. I let him know he could go to sleep soon. We just needed to wait for daddy to come home.

Brian came home, he and I had a nice dinner on the back deck while Bennett entertained himself. When we were finished, Bennett told us he was ready for bed (ACK! It was still ten to seven!) so we came in and started winding down. A little Hall & Oates, a little milk, potty time and books. We turned the light off at 8:30, but I think we'd just missed the window. He wiggled and flipped and sang and talked to me until 9:15 when he finally zonked out.

We'll try again tomorrow, for sure. I'm happy that this routine is working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment