Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What's for dinner?

Tonight, I made sloppy joes and coleslaw for dinner.

Bennett is not so much a fan of veggies. He likes weird veggies like edamame, but not traditionally served things like green beans and cucumbers. He likes ceasar salad, too. Well - this kid is NUTS for coleslaw. When he found out that I was making coleslaw, he started salivating. He could barely wait for me to cut the cabbage before he started reaching for it.

After it was mixed and he had tasted two spoonfulls to make sure that it was okay, I put it in the fridge to cool. He turned to me in confusion and said, "Ma. Where's that huge bowl of cabbage? I want it!"

He ate two plates of coleslaw. I had to force him to eat three bites of sloppy joe for some protein before he was allowed any of the cookies we made earlier in the afternoon.

Future loves - the way to Bennett's heart is through his coleslaw. I promise to share my 'recipe' when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment