Monday, March 16, 2020

Hello again!

I have a friend who has shared her family blog with me lately and it reminded me that I had done this for a while back in the day . . .

I just got lost in the "drafts" area of this blog. I'd forgotten to publish a lot of posts, apparently. I'm going to post some of them soon.

Also - we're self-isolating due to the COVID-19 outbreak, so I need something to distract me from the noise of the news. Documenting our days will help, right?

Today . . . March 15, 2020 . . . mom and I put together a few freezer meals in case we're stuck in the house in true isolation for a while. Then I had a virtual meeting with my department (I teach at Fanshawe now in the Office Administration program) in the afternoon. After that - I made Bennett go for a nature hike with me. We walked for an hour and talked about what the next couple of weeks will look like at our house and in town. It will look like the three of us hanging out a LOT!

I asked him if there was something he wanted to learn and he thought for a minute and then said, "I really like algebra and physics, mom." Okay, kiddo. We'll find a way to work my two least favourite subjects into your daily life. You got it!

So now I need to relearn Algebra and figure out Physics!

He also said he wants to refine his whittling skills (apparently my dad has already shown him the basics, who knew?). AND I saw the first bursts of spring in our backyard. (I've just realized why I have so many posts in my "drafts" folder - they don't have images embedded yet. It's not super easy from this laptop I'm typing on. Note to self: write future posts on the desktop so you can add a visual element. Gah, Blythe - your stories are boring without pics!

That's a quick roundup of today . . . I'll try to fill out those older posts over the next few weeks and post them. They're some interesting memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment