Monday, September 12, 2011

The Adventuresome Boy

One really neat memory I have from my little girl years is that my mom would make up really great stories to tell me when she was tucking me in at night. The star of these stories was a very smart little girl who had jam packed days. Each night, when it was mom's turn to tuck me in, I got to hear all about that day's adventures.

Clearly - I learned at a certain point that the star of those stories was me. I still insisted on hearing those stories, much to my mother's chagrin, I'm sure!

I hope she'll be happy to learn that I have begun telling Bennett stories titled The Adventures of the Adventuresome Boy. He's begun to look forward to them, and I really like that he likes hearing about his day. What's really great is that even though he's starting to get relaxed and fall asleep as I'm telling the stories, if I miss a detail or tell something incorrectly, he quickly corrects me!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool!

    Glad you're keeping the story torch aflame! Mom didn't tell me those stories, but Dad certainly had his share of the same kind of stories for me.

    I think we were pretty lucky, huh? Sounds like Bennett is pretty lucky too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No chagrin here...those were my favorite stories too because you loved them so - and very easy for a tired momma at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete