Thursday, September 8, 2011

water bubbies

Today was 1,000 times better than yesterday. I recognize that I'm setting myself up for disaster tomorrow, but what the hey - wanted to let you guys know that we were totally on a roll today! There was only ONE accident and it involved just pee and it was only in unders, no pants! AND we were at home, thank goodness.

We had a great morning running errands, but Bennett did not want to stay at story time because I had neglected to bring him a snack. Since the other kids (one other kid) was eating, he thought he should as well. Whatever, when I told him that all of our snacks were at home, he said, "home." Then he started to pull me toward the door.

A long nap later, we went to a local playground where we had a great time with four friends and there was no blood involved. Not even any tears! Bennett ran and chased and climbed and swang. (swinged?) Who cares, he was on the swings and having a blast.

In the evenings, he's taken to enjoying a "big boy shower" with Brian while I get ten minutes to catch up on email. Tonight, Bennett really wanted to take his bubby in for a wash. Brian, who is always thinking on his feet, grabbed a wash cloth, and handing Bennett the tag end says, "Look, Bennett, this is a water bubby. It's made just for going in the water! This way your sleeping bubby won't get wet." Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment