Thursday, September 15, 2011

Safety

This week, Bennett and I went to Story Time for Toddlers at our local Barnes & Noble store. We try to go every week because we LURVE Grandma Fay. She is the best at telling stories and singing songs and oh that voice! I wish I had some video to share with you because she is the quintessential cartoon grandma.

Anyway - as we were leaving this particular story time, I was holding Bennett's hand as he walked beside me. (He's doing a LOT more walking now that he weighs six hundred pounds!) We got to the edge of the sidewalk and I nonchalantly took a step toward the parking lot. Young sir planted his feet, bent at the waist, stretched out his hand and yelled, "STOPS!" I was so startled that I froze with my foot mid-air. I looked down to my right just in time to catch him looking both ways before he turned that angelic face up to mine and said, "goes."

1 comment: