Thursday, September 8, 2011

"dat mies broom"

Today was not the greatest in Bennett/Mama land. Someone tiny was a very whiney hiney and someone not as tiny was lacking in the patience department. I surprised myself with the ability to ignore the broken record repetitiveness of "dat mies broom" being cried out throughout Target. I never thought I'd be one of those mothers with the quasi-out-of-control kid in the retail center. I am that mother now.

I lost my cool when it came to the toilet today. I must have changed his pants five times today. And all but one of them were AT HOME! Sheesh. I'm not real sure what we're doing wrong, but it's terribly frustrating. I hope we'll see some improvement soon. I keep encouraging and giving humongous praise when he keeps himself dry, but I'm tired of doing laundry every day!

In related news - we're back in cloth diapers for naps and overnight. Since he's no longer getting milk before he goes to sleep (yay me!) and we're putting him on the potty right before we put him in the diaper, he wakes up with diapers that are way less soaked than before. I'm double stuffing (acutally quad-stuffed his night-time dipe tonight, we'll see how that works!) them to improve absorbency. I'm thinking that this may help us get to sleep-time dryness a little more quickly. And we won't waste anymore money on the 'sposies.

I promise to post more photos soon - got to get them off the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment