Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I ready to apologize, mama.

Bennett had to spend quite a few minutes behind the gate on our stairs this afternoon. We had friends over and he was going nuts! He took toys out of hands, he hit on heads, yelled and kicked. ARGH! Each time he needed a breather, I'd pop him up over the gate, have him sit and tell him why he was there. I explained that he could join us when he was calm and ready to apologize to whomever he had most recently offended.

Unfortunately, his little friend wanted to be with Bennett so badly that he just hung out at the bottom of the stairs trying to get over the gate. Negated the "alone" point a bit, but oh well. What can I do? A couple of minutes would go by and I'd see a foot start to inch its way over the gate.When I went to see what was happening, he sat down quickly, looked up at me sweetly and said with a smile, " I ready apologize to Miss Sherri, mama."

Couldn't argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment