Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ice Cream

Last October, Bennett traveled with Brian and me to Fredricksburg, VA to see my friend, Susan get married to Chef Matt. Also coming up for the weekend were my parents, to help take care of Bennett while Brian and I got to celebrate the nuptials with the grown ups. We had a great weekend! Bennett also had a good time, primarily because he got to have his first real ice cream! My dad got a hankering for some ice cream one night so the three of them walked to a 7Eleven near our hotel. The only non-chocolate ice cream they could find at that fine establishment was the old school argyle covered cardboard tubes of orange sherbert Push Up Pop! Bennett has not been able to forget the awesomeness of that evening.

Fast forward to two weeks ago - The Easter Bunny brought Bennett two reusable push up pops. HUZZAH!!! The world is now greener and bluer thanks to that mysterious bunny. Thanks to a creative mommy, Bennett can have "ice cream" whenever he wants. I blend up some fruit - strawberry and raspberry have been popular this week- mix it with some organic yogurt and plop the concoction in the push up pop. If we're lucky, they go into the freezer. If we're not - he eats a yummily messy treat right away. The way he visibly enjoys that push up pop filled with yogurt looks like I imagine I do when I allow myself to devour an ice cream sundae with chocolate AND caramel sauce. Hmmmmmm - I'm getting hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment